Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Dailys: Successes or Failures?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Noble Dailys: Successes or Failures?

I have been having successful installs from Noble Server amd64 iso's...

But, so far, not from the other dailies yet:
    Ubuntu Desktop 24.04 amd64, https://bugs.launchpad.net/subiquity/+bug/2042893
    Budgie Desktop 24.04 amd64, https://bugs.launchpad.net/subiquity/+bug/2042893
    Ubuntu Server 24.04 S390X, https://bugs.launchpad.net/subiquity/+bug/2042883

Has anyone had any luck on these or others yet? Like Lubuntu, Xubuntu, or other arches?

I admit, I haven't tried the arm64 daily yet...

EDIT: Also: There seems to be a problem I haven't reported yet on QEMU QXL and Noble Desktop, But i haven;t figured out whether that is on KVM or Noble yet, One thing is that current KVM still uses Ubuntu 23.10 templates... QXL crashes Noble Xorg, but is fine if I set the VM's to VGA instead of QXL, so that makes my unsure what to file that against...
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; November 7th, 2023 at 09:06 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Noble Dailys: Successes or Failures?

I'm down-loading this one now for a KVM: https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/d...imal/20231107/
    I'll post back
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@1fallen --
    From you signature --> You know what that looks like? LOL
    Debian Unstable FreeBSD or Debian Unstable, FreeBSD
    Please try it as VGA, so that QXL/Xorg crashing (until I figure out where to file that) is not a distraction for that...

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by MAFoElffen View Post
    @1fallen --
    From you signature --> You know what that looks like? LOL

Please try it as VGA, so that QXL/Xorg crashing (until I figure out where to file that) is not a distraction for that...
    Copy That..
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I filled the KVM bug as this, because it is globally a Noble Bug, not just with the installer. It happens with all Noble: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...t/+bug/2042979

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I'll add myself as well, see screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dalai Lama>>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Hello,

I haven't been able to install amd64 iso of ubuntu using vb. I do not remember having a pending cd image for ubuntu in the past though. I suppose that the OP tried to install desktop amd from pending iso and failed. I suppose that subiquity undergoes a great modification and revamping until is ready for a LTS release. I didn't even have the privilege for the installation to finish or report any bugs since it just froze. I will try again and let you know.

Regards!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 24.04 Noble Numbat

Hello,

I downloaded the latest amd iso and added > 4GB of ram. The black screen which prompts for installation of ubuntu showed up. I selected it and proceeded with the full installation. Even though at some moment I was informed that I had to either wait or force quit the installation, after quitting, I enabled it anew. After some moments installation failed with the error: install failed crashed with CalledProcessError
    edit: checked with the OP and found out that it is the same error, so mentioned it at launchpad as well

Regards!
    Last edited by Claus7; November 7th, 2023 at 10:45 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Seems like all the Noble builds, except for the Server amd64, are stuck at this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/subiquity/+bug/2042893, which was since yesterday.

Going to spin up a Noble server arm64, and see if it is good or not...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I tried in QEMU/KVM with both QXL and VGA. Both crashed.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast