Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to remove max battery limit?

Beans

Re: How to remove max battery limit?

How old is that battery ? The first screenshot says it's designed to hold 37 Watt Hours and can hold 18.62 Wh and has a charge of 12.7 Wh currently. Batteries lose capacity as they age. A short search for this machine says Acer introduced them in 2013. If that's the age of your machine and the battery hasn't been changed, then 50% of design power is about what I'd expect. While there are some things that one can do to rechargeable batteries to get some capacity back - depending on the technology / chemistry used - these are usually tricky, risky, and should be left to people who know what they're doing (so not me ...).

Holger

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Gehrke View Post
    How old is that battery ? The first screenshot says it's designed to hold 37 Watt Hours and can hold 18.62 Wh and has a charge of 12.7 Wh currently. Batteries lose capacity as they age. A short search for this machine says Acer introduced them in 2013. If that's the age of your machine and the battery hasn't been changed, then 50% of design power is about what I'd expect. While there are some things that one can do to rechargeable batteries to get some capacity back - depending on the technology / chemistry used - these are usually tricky, risky, and should be left to people who know what they're doing (so not me ...).

Holger
    Couldn't have said it better...+1
    We gave it our safest try's it is time to start looking for a replacement.
    Maybe not today but should be on the to do list.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

From what I've seen Kubuntu power settings has an option to change those values.

Beans
    Hidden!

Okay, I will see if I can buy a new battery. Thank you all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12